- Scientific Advisory Committee
Individuals nominated by the Board of Managers and Director with expertise in the following areas:
- Postmortem tissue research
- Genetic and molecular profiling
- Clinical phenotyping
- Repository management or brain banking
Additional members may include those with the following qualifications:
- Scientific excellence
- Member of the families communities
- Develop, review and/or recommend best practices in brain banking
- Review progress of network operations and activities – provide assessment to Board of Managers
- Identify and recommend scientific and technical opportunities
- Assist in development of network directed research projects
- Assist with identification and recruitment of new network Nodes and/or candidates for staffing
- Review Director
Edwin H. Cook Jr., M.D.
Earl M Bane Professor of Psychiatry
Director, Center for Neurodevelopmental Disorders
Director, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
University of Illinois at Chicago
F. Daniel Davis, Ph.D.
Geisinger Health System
Story Landis, Ph.D.
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and
David A Lewis, M.D.
Thomas Detre Endowed Chair in Academic Psychiatry
Chairman, Department of Psychiatry
Medical Director and Director of Research, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic
Director, Translational Neuroscience Program
Director, NIMH Conte Center for Translational Mental Health Research
University of Pittsburgh
Christopher A. Walsh, M.D., Ph.D.
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Chief, Division of Genetics and Genomics, Boston
Children’s Hospital Bullard Professor of Pediatrics
and Neurology, Harvard Medical School
- Scientific Review Committee
- Scientists with expertise in neuropathology, neuroanatomy and genetics. Selection by Director, with advice from Steering Committee and with approval from Scientific Advisory Committee and the Board of Managers of Foundation Associates, LLC.
- Review, approve, and prioritize applications for tissue based on scientific merit and adherence to the mission of Autism BrainNet.
Brett S. Abrahams, Ph.D.
Director and Head, Pre-Clinical Biology, Ovid Therapeutics
Eric Morrow, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior and the Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Brown University
Jean Paul Vonsattel, M.D.
Director, New York Brain Bank, Professor, Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, Columbia University
Maree Webster, Ph.D.
Director, Stanley Medical Research Institute Laboratory of Brain Research, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
Keith Young, Ph.D.
Professor and Vice Chair for Research, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Texas A&M Health Science Center